How to compare brokers
Choosing a health insurance broker is a tedious task. You want a broker who is helpful in keeping your benefits spend down without sacrificing any benefits that help you with employee recruitment and retention.
Guess what? There are brokers who care about your business and your employees just as much as you do!
Here are some steps that you can follow to make sure you’re choosing the right broker:
- Be sure to consider all of your options: You can never consider too many brokerages. There are lots of brokerages out there, some will go above and beyond to keep your costs low without sacrificing benefits, most will just follow market trends.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions: A good broker will be able to field all of your questions about alternate financing, plan administration, and compliance. Here’s a link to some questions you should ask your broker.
- Talk to your friends: If you’ve noticed that other businesses are keeping the cost of their health plan down, don’t hesitate to ask how they’re doing it.
- Ask about the broker’s clientele: If the broker is having a hard time holding on to clients, chances are they’re not a good fit for you.
- Don’t be afraid to make a change: You’ve got to do what’s best for your business. Shopping around could save you a lot of money!
Bernard Health is a benefits brokerage that has been helping employers consider all of their health plan options for over a decade! Bernard Health has been recognized as a NextGeneration benefits firm that provides both a cost-effective benefits plan for employers and enhanced benefits packages for employees.
Click below if you’d like to speak with a noncommissioned advisor.