Implement new FMLA forms
Employers now have until June 30, 2018 to implement the U.S. Department of Labor’s new Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms.
If your organization has not updated its forms with the new versions or where not aware of the change, the deadline has been extended through June 30.
What are these forms? The Department of Labor is required to submit FMLA forms to the Office of Management and Budget for approval every three years. The current forms were set to expire May 31, 2018. No other changes have been made to these notices, aside from the effective date.
Find the new forms here:
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- FMLA Designation Notice
- Certification of Employee's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification of Serious Injury or Illness of a Current Servicemember for Military Family Leave
- Certification of Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
Have additional questions about these forms? Contact BernieHR to learn more about adding on-demand HR services to your organization.